Five Things You Need to Know Today: November 7
Brookline is dispelling myths today, myths about boys and girls and myths about job hunting over 50.
- The National Weather Service says Brookline will have a nice autumn day: high of 61ºF and sunny, leading into a mostly clear evening with lows around 46ºF.
- 10:00 a.m. today, Brookline Community Flu Clinics at the Council on Aging. Keep yourself safe from the flu this winter. If you're attending, wear a loose-sleeved shirt and bring your Medicare and health insurance cards with you.
- Coolidge Corner newcomers, Tiny Hanger is having a Storytime for Kids. Not just today, at 11:30 a.m., but every week. Stop by for fun stories and new friends.
- Looking for a job when you're over 50 can be tough, so stop by Temple Ohabei Shalom for some tips on how to break through some of the barriers in a free presentation called, "Over 50 and Working: Employment Strategies for the Mature Professional." Starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Do you know the "The Truth about Girls and Boys"? Rosalind Barnett & Caryl Rivers just might. They, and their new book which aims to debunk some of the myths about the differences between the two genders that are spread to parents and educators, will be at the Brookline Booksmith at 7 p.m. tonight.