Five Things You Need to Know Today: November 5
With the election coming up tomorrow, here are some things you may want to know in Brookline today.
1. Should be cool today, with temperatures ranging from 44ºF to 24ºF, so says the National Weather Service. Otherwise, the day looks to be partly sunny and partly cloudy during the evening.
2. With election day looming, you don't want to miss any of the the news going on in Brookline--election-related or otherwise? To guarantee that, sign up for our email newsletters. You can sign up for our daily newsletter, which delivers headlines to your inbox every morning, or a weekly newsletter, or just breaking updates.
3. It's not a Laurel and Hardy Routine, "President Who" is the theme of Gary Hylander lecture today at EPOCH Assisted Living at Boylston Place. On the eve of the election, the Harvard processor will be discussing presidential politics. Catch him at 3:40 p.m., and call ahead to RSVP 617-244-6400, because space is limited.
4. Coolidge Corner Theatre is bringing another Big Screen Classics back to the silver screen. In the film Chinatown, Jack Nicholson is a noir detective peicing together a mystery from a well-to-do client. Tickets are a more modest figure at $6.
5. Have you ever wondered what lies beneath the land of fairy stories? Well, author Catherynne M. Valente should have some ideas, which she suggests in "The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There." The book, and her will be the Brookline Booksmith at 7 p.m.