Five Things You Need to Know Today: November 22
Brush up on your sewing skills, and conserve the town, just in time to get ready for Thanksgiving.
- What we can expect in terms of weather, from the National Weather Service report for Brookline, is a mostly sunny day, with a high near 43ºF. If you're out late, you may see some rain (80 percent chance), which will likely start after 1 a.m., and could be heavy at times. Evening lows dip to around 40ºF.
- Thanksgiving is two days away. If you haven't already started pulling up some great holiday cookie recipes, or getting the ingredients for that awesome green bean casserole, or picked up the turkey, grab those things before they're all gone.
- Learn how to make your own boot cuts at boot camp: The Beginning Sewing Intensive Class at Abeille. The class will set you back $210, and there are a number of supplies you'll need--including, ideally, a sewing machine. You will, however walk away with all the sewing knowledge you need to get started with textile work. 6:30 p.m., the class kicks off.
- Hopefully, you'll not need them after Thanksgiving, but if you want to brush up on your sewing skills (just in case) to make alterations that flatter, then you'll want to stop into the class at the High School. At 6:30 p.m., the class continues.
- Brookline is an extremely green community, and there are tons of ways to get involved. Such as the Conservation Commission, which meets at 7 p.m. tonight, at the Brookline Town Hall. They'll be talking about Fisher Hill, the newly-formed Hancock Village Conservation District, and an Eagle Scout project.