Five Things You Need to Know Today: November 2
Noir, holiday feasts and a hunt for the perfect Predator.
1. Temperatures between 52ºF and 36ºF, and a 20 percent chance of showers during the day, according to the National Weather Service, is the kind of weather we can expect today.
2. Perfoemer Bill Foley is returning to EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill at 2:30 p.m. today for his guitar show. If you're interested in catching the show, remember that space is limited. For more information or to R.S.V.P., please call 617-243-9990.
3. Brookline Booksmith is hosting another night of shamuses and femmes fatale. Boston Noir 2: The Classics. Tonight's event features Dennis Lehane, Linda Barnes, Mary Cotton, and Jaime Clarke. Starting at 7 p.m. tonight.
4. For those who are going to be up late anyway, tonight's @Fter Midnite show at the Coolidge Corner Theatre is Predator. It's playing tonight and tomorrow night as part of their Cult Cuts showings--11:59 p.m., tickets are $9.
5. If you want to get a head start on your holiday cooking--or at least on figuring out the menu, then the Seaport in Boston is hosting a class you may be intrigued by "Create a Holiday Meal to Impress Your Guests." It starts on Saturday at noon, and runs 'til 2 p.m. $75 per person, $125 for a couple.