Five Things You Need to Know Today, Monday, November 12
Happy Veteran's Day! Here are fove things you need to know about today.
1. Weather: the National Weather Service predicts a warm sunny day with a high of 68. The evening will cloud over with a chance of rain around 11 p.m.. The temperature will drop to about 53.
2. Story Time at Henry Bear's Park: Join us every Monday for Story Time at Henry Bear's Park! All ages are welcome, and no sign up is necessary at 11 a.m. for free.
3. The 24th Annual Boston Jewish Film Festival – 804: May 1948. With independence declared, Israel was immediately under siege from six armies. Outnumbered and out-armed, Israel asked for international help. This documentary tells the little-known story of the 804 South Africans in The Machal, volunteers from outside of Israel at noon at the Coolidge Corner Theatre.
4. Veteran's Day Musical Program at Neville Place: Come down to the Neville Place at 2 p.m. for music in honor of Veteran’s Day.
5. The Taste of Boston: Boston magazine’s ultimate culinary celebration, the annual Taste event is tonight from 7-9 p.m. at the Mandarin Oriental Boston (776 Boylston St.) Visit the chefs at their stations, socialize, sip and savor, all in support of the Greater Boston Food Bank. More information here.