Five Things You Need to Know Today: May 3
A sing-a-long show, some chronic pain tips, and a place to heal. If you want to send us Town Meeting Letters to the Editor, please do in the next two weeks.
1. About a 30 percent chance of showers will go with you throughout the day and night on a cloudy Thursday. The National Weather Service predicts less than a tenth of an inch of rain, and a high of 55ºF and a low of 48ºF.
2. Town Meeting is coming up at the end of the month, and there are 30 warrant articles up for discussion and voting on May 22. Between now and then, we will accept Letters to the Editor about any of those articles, until May 17--so we aren't running letters during the week of Town Meeting. E-mail Grahame Turner with questions.
3. Bring your singing voice and your energy with you, at 10:30 a.m., to the Puppet Showplace Theatre as they present a Sing-A-Long With Nappy's Puppets! Sure you know these songs, and that's half of the fun! Ticket is $10. The Theatre was recently vandalized, but is remaining open.
4. This one's a bit of a mouthful, but if you suffer from chronic pain, the tips may help. There is a presentation on Myofascial release and craniosacral therapy at EPOCH Assisted Living at Boylston Place today. If you want to know what these words mean, you'll have to be there at 11 a.m. Please RSVP to Julie Bolt at 617-879-2589.
5. If you have recently lost a pet, our condolences. Come and join the folks at the Pet Loss Healing Circle, which meets again tonight at First Parish In Brookline at 7 p.m. Share your stories, and meditate on the lives of your furry friends.