Five Things You Need to Know Today: May 20
Brookline five things today include a story time, a classic film, some classical music, and classy Italian food.
1. After a clear, sunny weekend, there is a good chance of some showers today. After 10 a.m., a 50 percent chance of showers, and 70 percent overnight, the National Weather Service tells us. Temperatures should be somewhere between 64ºF highs and 57ºF lows.
2. Henry Bear's Park is inviting kids and parents to a special Story Time at Henry Bear's Park. It kicks off at 11 a.m., and all are welcome, no need to sign up. One of Henry Bear's staff will read aloud for all.
3. Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn are "Bringing Up Baby." Grant plays Dr. David Huxley, a paleontologist whose world is turned upside downe when an heiress comes into his life. Tickets are $9.75, and the show starts at 7 p.m. at Coolidge Corner Theatre.
4. Brookline Music School faculty pianist Valerie Ross, violinist Aubrey Burdick, and tenor Joshua Pelkey are playing "Music of Joy, Sorrow, and Stillness" tonight. The show, which is free, starts up at 7 p.m., will feature pieces by J.S. Bach, John Cage and Marco Simoni.
5. After 40 years and four kids, author and reality TV star Teresa Giudice is still "Fabulicious! Fast & Fit." She will be signing her book of Italian home cooking at Brookline Booksmith at 7 p.m. tonight.