Five Things You Need to Know Today: May 11
Jams and yoga, a book club, and crayons heading to cradles. Five things in Brookline today.
1. The weather should be starting to clear up, after a few crummy days. There is a slight (20 percent) chance of thunderstorms, mostly after 1 p.m., the National Weather Service tells us. Otherwise, the day will be mostly sunny with a high of 66ºF and a low of 46ºF in the evening with decreasing clouds.
2. We have heard from a fair few local voices in the last week, with Pinwheel Books joining us and a piece from the Brookline Library. If you would like to add your voice to the chorus, just e-mail us.
3. There are collection bins around town for a Cradles to Crayons Clothing Drive, which is still running. You can bring your kids' old clothes, shoes or baby items to the bins--there are some at Brookline Town Hall and at the Brookline Community Foundation.
4. Avid readers should swing by the EPOCH Assisted Living at Boylston Place's Book Club, who are going to discuss “The Weissmans of Westport” and “Clara and Mr. Tiffany" today at 11:15 a.m. Please RSVP to Julie Bolt at 617-879-2589 if you want to head over, or if you're interested in EPOCH's other programming: Bill Burke is set to perform.
5. Hear some Yoga Jams, as Paula "Li'l P" Harvey guides you through a sweaty vinyasa yoga class with tunes spun by DJ Mantra. Class kicks off at 7:30 p.m. at Baptiste Power Yoga, and will set you back $25. Call ahead to reserve a spot.