Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 19
Today's Five Things feature a morning of music, an afternoon of art, and an evening of dreams and secrets.
1. A chance of patchy fog before 8 a.m., gradually becoming sunny and clearer later in the day, then going into a partly cloudy evening. Temperatures should range between 76ºF and 67ºF. The National Weather Service has also issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook because the humidity and heat could bring the temperature up to 100ºF over the next couple of days.
2. Get ready to sing and move with your kids as they take their First Steps Music & Movement class. It's aimed at kids 3 and under, and the first sessions start at 9:30 a.m. today, at Brookline Music School. The course costs $120.
3. Springhouse independent and assisted living is hosting a Painting Demonstration with Tsun Ming Chmielinski. Tsun Ming is a sumi-e artist, also known as Japanese ink wash. He will be at Springhouse, 44 Allandale Street at 2:30 p.m. today.
4. Some believe that dreams can predict the future, and others believe a dream is your brain breaking down random things from the day. If you want to Discover Dream Interpretation, then bring $6 to the Brookline High School at 7 p.m. tonight.
5. The Brookline Booksmith is hosting A Night of Secrets with authors Meg Mitchell Moore & Rosie Sultan. Moore's book, "So Far Away" connects an archivist and a teenage victim of cyberbullying through a secret they find together in a journal. Helen Keller having a secret affair is the subject of Sultan's novel, "Helen Keller in Love". They're at the 'smith at 7 p.m.