Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 15
There is a golf tournament for charity, a search for a woodpile, and some dancing. Also a new guide for the November elections.
1. Weather will be simple to read--and pleasant. Sunny, 71ºF all day, and mostly clear and 53ºF in the evening, the National Weather Service tells us.
2. Patch is getting you informed about some of the things to expect on the 2012 November ballot. It may be a bit early, but we want you to have one place to go come November, and it's our 2012 Election Guide.
3. The Brookline Chamber of Commerce is hosting their annual golf tournament over at the Lynch Golf Course. Individuals playing should bring $150 to get in, and $500 will get you and your three best golf buddies playing. Sign in and get some coffee and bagels at 7 a.m., then play through from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., after which you'll get some lunch with your awards. Proceeds will help the Kids Clothes Club of Brookline.
4. Two kids want to build a chicken coop, but the woodpile they aimed to use seems to have vanished--so they go to investigate The Case of the Missing Woodpile. If you want to get to the bottom of this mystery, pull on your deerstalker hat and head to the Puppet Showplace Theatre. Shows start at 10:30 a.m., and repeat on Saturday. Ticket will set you back $10 clams.
5. Perhaps you've had a long week and need to shake it off. Slip into some loose, lightweight clothes and head over to Dance Friday at 7:30 p.m. The place is Brookline Tai Chi, and you'll need $10-15 to get in, or $5-15 if you're under 23 years old--or you can volunteer for 45 minutes to get in free.