Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 13
Five things today, as we launch our new summer reading lists from James Patterson!
1. Rain. It's going to rain, likely until about 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. They're also predicting some patchy fog before 11 a.m. In the evening, the chance of rain tapers off to about a 30 percent chance. Highs of 66ºF and lows of 58ºF are also in the forecast.
2. James Patterson has provided Patch with a selection of reading materials for kids who are looking to get a few summer reading books under their belts, and they're all here: List for Preschoolers and Kids Ages 2-7, List for Kids Ages 6-9, List for Kids Ages 8-12, List for Tweens and Teens, 11-up.
3. If you're giving birth soon, and are curious about what to expect--whether it's at home, or in a hospital, then perhaps you'll want to take the Birthing From Within Childbirth Class at 520 Centre Street in Jamaica Plain. Classes will run $280 and have only a handful of couples in them.
4. The Brookline Community Band is at the Devotion School to practice again tonight! At 7 p.m., you can stop by to hear what they're working on--or bring your instruments and join in. You may recall them from our Viewfinder column from last year.
5. Tonight, at 7 p.m., Alan Furst is on a Mission to Paris. Well, the characters in his novel "Mission to Paris" are--Furst himself may swing by the Creperie before heading into Brookline Booksmith to talk about his new book.