Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 9
Five things to do today, of which two are movies--one is free.
1. A sunny, 86ºF kind of day, the National Weather Service says is lined up for us. By night, the day will go partly cloudy and 60ºF.
2. Have an issue in town or an idea you want to give a bigger audience? We have Patch blogs, the Announcements, or you could send in a Letter to the Editor. E-mail editor Grahame Turner for more information about any of the above, or to send in your letter.
3. What do dinosaurs, animals, ninjas, chubby billionaires, escaped convicts, tone-deaf hobos, unwanted romance, fibbing gypsies, clumsy Godzillas, basement-less Alamos, vengeful boyfriends and undead truckers have in common? They'll all be at the Coolidge Corner Theatre, for one thing. The Big Screen Classic showing tonight is PEE-WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE. Showing starts at 7 p.m., tickets start (and end) at $9.
4. Guy Montag is leaving his flamethrower at home for the Brookline Booksmith's Book Club discussion of Fahrenheit 451. The talking starts up at 7:30 p.m. in the writers and readers room. No need to sign up, just show up!
5. The Brookline 2012 Outdoor Movie Series: Summer of the Dragon begins tonight with "King Fu Panda II." the continued adventures of Po will start up at dusk, at about 8:30 p.m. outside of Devotion School. Bring snacks, a blanket or some folding chairs, and catch a movie under the stars.