Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 6
Check out a Patch Best Of poll winner, or a musical, or a musical performance, or a story of a puppet who wants to be a boy.
1. The National Weather Service is predicting a warm and sunny day, partly cloudy evening. Temperatures are expected to range from 85ºF at the peak, and 70ºF at the lowest.
2. The summer program at Patch Best Childcare poll winners (and don't forget to nominate your in-town favorites), the Diane K. Trust Center for Early Education at Temple Ohabei is Opening registration for their Summer and September Programs at TCEE. See the event page for more information.
3. You know the story of the puppet who wanted to be a real boy. Come and see it when the Puppet Showplace Theatre presents Pinocchio by National Marionette Theatre. Tickets run $10, and there is a showing today at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
4. Musician and friend of EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill, Al Gould is returning to EPOCH for another popular performance today. Head over for 2:30 p.m. if you want to see Gould's hit performance. The show is free, but they'd like people to make a reservation, as space is limited. For more, call 617-243-9990.
5. The musical based on the National Public Radio (NPR) show returns for another showing tonight. At 8 p.m., Car Talk: The Musical! is on at the Central Square Theatre in Cambridge. Tickets start at $20, show starts at 8 p.m.