Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 2
Spend a smart summer, read between the lines, or simply run for your life. Godzilla is coming to town.
1. Although the day promises to be partly sunny with a high of 87ºF, the National Weather Service is also warning of a 30 percent chance of showers, which could lead into a 20 percent possibility of thunderstorms by night. Otherwise, the evening will be partly cloudy with a low of 62ºF.
2. If you are wondering why any particular event was or was not selected for the Five Things column, the answer is simple: the Events Calendar. If your event is not posted on the calendar, its chances of appearing are significantly decreased.
3. While the kids are out of Brookline High School for the summer, Brookline Adult Education is offering a whole slew of SmartSummer courses. Subjects range from Creative Arts to Action Science. Sign up as soon as possible to get involved.
4. Brookline Booksmith presents a mother-daughter writing team talking about their newest book. In a Coolidge Corner Theatre special, both Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer will talk "Between the Lines," a new book about a teenage bookworm whose favorite fairy tale prince starts talking to her. The tickets are $5, show starts at 6 p.m.
5. It is coming from the depths, and it is coming to destroy the city. Not Boston, though--Tokyo! Tonight's Coolidge Corner Big Screen Classic is "Godzilla" (or "GOJIRA"). 7 p.m. tonight, watch the radioactive reptile on a big screen rampage for only $9.