Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 10
Learn to record your own music, or listen to someone else's. Pick up a bottle of discounted wine and get to know one famous lady.
1. Remember what the weather was like yesterday? Did you like it? Great! Because it's a lot like that today: 86ºF highs and sunny with a clear night and 62ºF lows, according to the National Weather Service.
2. EPOCH Assisted Living at Boylston Place is hosting a regular performer, singer and instrumentalist Diane Dexter entertains at EPOCH. Starting at 3 p.m. today, she will showcase her talents. The events at EPOCH are free, but space is limited; so please RSVP to Julie Bolt at 617-879-2589.
3. If your kids like to make music, and want to share their work, they may need some lessons on music theory and recording technology. Music Technology/GarageBand classes (for ages 7 years and older) at the Brookline Music School should answer most of their questions. Classes run $100.
4. Lineage is throwing its Fifth Annual ½ Off Wine Month, and is welcoming Colleen Hein, the Wine Director at Eastern Standard Kitchen & Drinks will stop by to pour some of her favorites. Evening starts at 5 p.m.
5. Get an in-depth look at "Jackie After O," one year in the life of Jaqueline Kennedy Onassis: 1975. At 7 p.m., author Tina Cassidy will be answering questions and talking up the book at Brookline Booksmith.