Five Things You Need to Know Today: January 6
Today, we've got music, moms and meditation. There is also help with picking clothes, thanks to personal shopping.
- There's a slight chance of snow (showers) today! Only about a 20 percent chance, mostly before 8 a.m. Otherwise, the day will see highs of 44ºF and 33ºF and lead to a mostly cloudy night. This from the National Weather Service forecast for town.
- Kids are gettings stories, creative movement and quality time with their parents today, at Mommy & Me. It'll kick off at 9:30 a.m. at the Chabad Center At Chestnut Hill. $30 is the price for a class.
- Like music? Because Al Gould will perform today, 2:30 p.m. at EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill. For those who are less familiar with Gould, he's a 30-year veteran of musical performance, who is gracing EPOCH for a free show. For more information, call 617-243-9990.
- At 5:30 p.m. today, if you're needing a hand with shopping, there is Personal Shopping with the pros at Tiny Hanger. Stop by, check out their boutique store, and get something for the fashionable kid in your life.
- Head to the Diamond Way Buddhist Center, 785 Washington St #1, for a little information about Tibetan Buddhism and some Public Meditation. No previous experience is required, and you're invited to swing by early to have your questions answered--7:45 p.m.