Five Things You Need to Know Today: January 24
Everything you wanted to know about Brookline, composting, the Lion and the Journalist and the Library will be revealed today.
- A high of 50ºF, and a low of 28ºF by the evening, according to the National Weather Service's forecast for the town. Patches of fog in the area, mostly between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. The day will be mostly sunny otherwise, and mostly clear in the evening.
- Today is your chance to have all of your questions answered. That's right! Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Brookline But Didn't Know Who to Ask! It's a caregiver event featuring Real Estate expert, Patch Blogger and philanthropist Chobee Hoy. At 6 p.m., she will be at Goddard House in Brookline Assisted Living for this free speech.
- Even though there was a little snow over the weekend, it's not too early to make plans for the spring. Outdoor Composting, a class which will run you $6, and is starting at the Brookline High School tonight at 7 p.m.
- Do you know the story of the lion and the journalist? Well, fortunately, author Chip Bishop is coming to the Brookline Booksmith to tell it. His new book, "The Lion and the Journalist: The Unlikely Friendship of Theodore Roosevelt and Joseph Bucklin Bishop" is the subject of his talk, at 7 p.m. tonight.
- People with a keen interest in the workings of the Town libraries may be interested to swing by either the Library Trustees Meeting or the Library Building & Grounds Committee meetings, which are both at the Brookline Main Library tonight.