Five Things You Need to Know Today: January 19
An art show, parental networking, a new auditorium and getting yourself fit with a pro.
- Snow in the forecast! There's snow expected, about a 20 percent chance after 3 p.m., bumping up to a 70 percent chance--mostly after 11 p.m. Otherwise, today will be mostly sunny with a high of 28ºF and, mostly cloudy in the evening, a low around 25ºF, according to National Weather Service's forecast for Brookline.
- Heath School parents may have some input on the auditorium plans, which are on the agenda for the School Capital Improvements Subcomittee at their 4 p.m. meeting today, at Brookline Town Hall.
- Catch the opening of the BA&CE Art Show Reception at Brookline Access Television. The show features five students of the Brookline Adult and Community Education's Creative Darkroom class: Photographers Scott Buchanan, Natalie Mathias, Sacha Nalepa, Sean O'Bryan and Elmer Sprague. It kicks off at 6 p.m., and is free.
- Boston College Professor Catharine Utzschneider, author of "MOVE! How Women Can Achieve Athletic Goals at Any Age" is coming to the Brookline Booksmith tonight, at 7 p.m., to help you make your resolution a reality.
- The Brookline Parent Education Network is a place for parents to check in with each other, get feedback and establish a community. Tonight, they host B-PEN Freshman Parent Network Group, an opportunity for parents of freshmen to connect with each other starting at 7 p.m. at Brookline High School.