Five Things You Need to Know Today, Friday, November 16
Here are five things going on in and around town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high of 49. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 35.
2. Hineini: A Weekend with Rabbi Larry Hoffman: Q & A with Larry Hoffman and Light Supper at Temple Ohabei Shalom at 6 p.m. There is limited space; RSVP is required. RSVP online here, or call the office at 617-277-6610 to reserve your place in this very special weekend. All are welcome. Childcare is provided; please indicate the number of children and their ages.
3. Barbour Warms Up the City: Barbour is partnering with One Warm Coat to host the fourth annual coat drive to benefit the City Mission Society of Boston. Donate a coat to those in need and received $50 off a new Barbour jacket at 134 Newbury St. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
4. Boston in the Gilded Age: Mapping Public Places: The Boston Public Library is exploring the late 19th century and the transformation of Boston in a new exhibit opening today in the Norman B. Leventhal Map Center.
5. Frog Pond Skating Opening Day: Come down to the Frog Pond to see gold medalists and professional skaters at 5:30 p.m.