Five Things You Need to Know Today: February 17
A second shot at Valentine's day, a crowd-pleasing show, and a basketball tournament to benefit fire victims.
- Showers, mainly before 11 a.m., about a 60 percent chance according to the National Weather Service's forecast for Brookline. Patchy fog as well, and gradually clearing throughout the day and hitting highs of 46ºF. The evening should be clear, and temperatures will drop to 29ºF.
- You already come here for everything Brookline, and you go to Facebook for everything about your friends and family. Did you know that you can link your accounts? Sign in only once, leave comments here, or on the Brookline Patch Facebook page.
- If you were a little too busy for Valentine's Day on Tuesday, swing by to celebrate Osaka Restaurant with that someone special. They're starting service at 11:30 a.m., at their 14 Green St, Brookline, MA location. Meals start at $20.
- EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill is welcoming back the entertaining Bill Burke for a performance. At 2:30 p.m., his show kicks off. If you want to RSVP or get some more information, call 617-243-9990.
- Bold words from the Brookline Police Department over Twitter yesterday: They're saying they have the Benefit Basketball Tournament for Brookline Victims of the Jan. 16 Fire "in the bag." Find out at 6 p.m., at Brookline High School. It is a benefit game, pitting Brookline firefighters and police against BHS students and faculty, and tickets are $10, $5 for students, free for kids under 10.