Five Things You Need to Know Today: February 10
A few things for PSA day, which is today: special Hebrew Kirtan at Dance Friday, dating at the zoo, and learning to help seniors complete some complex, but important paperwork.
- Snow looks like it's coming our way this evening. According to the National Weather Service (which turned 142 years old yesterday), the town has about a 40 percent chance of snow starting after midnight. However, during Friday, the day should be sunny and a little warm--47ºF highs with 30ºF lows.
- One of the hurdles seniors applying for MassHealth have to get over is a sheaf of paperwork. You could actually help them out with that, though. At Springwell (125 Walnut St, Watertown), they are holding an "Assist seniors--train to be a Benefits Volunteer" free training, at 9:30 a.m. About 10 hours over a 6-8 week period gets you started.
- Happy "PSA Day" from Brookline Access Television. Actually, PSA (public service announcement) day is a day for non-profit and other local groups to put together a short PSA about their organization. If you want to get one together for your local group, stop by the 46 Tappan St. studio and get a free PSA made.
- Can't hurt to get a few pointers on your courtship rituals, but the lecture at Franklin Park Zoo may not be the ideal place to get them. Tonight, at 6:30 p.m., stop by 1 Franklin Park Rd, Dorchester for "Sex at the Zoo." It's $20 per ticket, or $35 for a pair.
- Dance Friday is doing something a little special tonight. 7:30 p.m., kicking off with Boston's Hebrew Kirtan band at Brookline Tai Chi. Then, from about 9:30 onward, they'll grab the DJ and return to regularly scheduled programming. It's $10 to get in, or volunteer some time. If you're under 23 years old, entry is $5.