Five Things You Need to Know Today: December 9
There's a hoard of puppets coming tonight, and a hoard of tacos to be had at lunch.
- Today, the National Weather Service report for Brookline tells us we'll have 49ºF highs amd 36ºF lows. Partly sunny during the day, mostly cloudy by nightfall.
- At 10:30 a.m. today, musician Bill Burke will by swinging by EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill to make the place hop. He's a favorite at EPOCH, and a seasoned performer. It's a free show, but people can sometimes pack the house, so call ahead for more information: 617-243-9990.
- Don't talk with your mouth full, but get some business done--and a little shopping. The Chamber of Commerce is hosting its Holiday Networking Lunch at the Brookline Arts Center. For $10, you can talk, shop, and talk shop. Including lunch from Dorado Tacos.
- Not only is Chabad Center At Chestnut Hill hosting a Friday night Shabat dinner, they have also invited a Jewish marine, comedian and political commentator. That's "Confessions of a Jewish Marine," which starts tonight at 5:45 p.m. for the service, 6:15 p.m. Adult should bring $30, kids under 12 will need $18.
- Puppet shows are great for kids, but not all of them are. "The Hoarding Show," at the Puppet Showplace Theatre, is an adult show about the Collyer Brothers. Get a sitter, and swing by the Theatre at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15.