Five Things You Need to Know Today: December 16
A warm day and a cool night bring dancing, mommy and baby bonding, and a Japanese-inspired Holiday celebration.
- Temperatures are heading back up again during the day, so says the National Weather Service report for Brookline. 50ºF and breezy for most of the day, turning into a cold, partly cloudy evening at 28ºF.
- Listen up! Get out of bed! It's the Hard Core Holiday Bootcamp, and it's running this morning, starting at 5:40 a.m. If you'd rather try next week, check their website for more information. It's kicking off at 361 Pond Ave.
- If you're wondering what Mommy & Me, at Chabad Center At Chestnut Hill, then perhaps you need to flip through the photo gallery. It's a musical, fun, and engaging way to spend your morning with your little one. Classes run $30, and you get a chance to be creative, share some parenting tips, and hang out with some other moms and kids.
- Your average Holiday Celebration doesn't necessarily include wasabi and hibachi shows, but Osaka Japanese Sushi, at 14 Green Street, is putting on one such celebration. To celebrate their first season in town, they're giving away 15% coupons. Meals are $20, service starts at 11:30 a.m.
- Dance Friday is back, just a couple more chances to dance before the holidays in this substance-free, all-inclusive evening. Starting at 7:30 p.m., Brookline Tai Chi, turns into a barefoot, freeform dance hall. $8 to get in.