Five Things You Need to Know Today: August 9
Post stuff on the calendar to get them in the company of Baby Boot Camp, a Vonnegut, and a musical based on Click and Clack's show.
1. 87ºF highs and 68ºF lows with a chance of showers or thunderstorms at about 30 percent--according to the National Weather Service. Other than the precipitation, mostly sunny and mostly cloudy by night--although the Farmer's Market will go on.
2. If you're trying to get your event on the Five Things or Get Out column, there's one really simple way to get it up for consideration: Post it to the Events Calendar. Head to the calendar, click the "Add your Events" button and fill out the web form. Once you click submit, it's there for us to consider for the columns.
3. Baby Boot Camp Class for Moms and Kids will let you Keep fit with your kids through Strollfit classes. These classes are for moms at all levels: expecting, recovering, or even moms with a couple of stroller-aged kid, and you can try it out for free. Starts at 9:30 a.m. at 23 Newton Street.
4. Norb Vonnegut, author of "The Trust" (and a fourth cousin to Kurt Vonnegut, in case you were wondering) is talking up his new book at the Brookline Booksmith tonight. At 7 p.m., come and learn about Grove O'Rourke, who is taking over a dead friend's charitable trust, and starts finding money pop up in odd, sometimes dark places.
5. The only musical (that we know of) based on an NPR show hosted by car mechanics, Car Talk: The Musical is still in town! The show tonight starts up at 7:30 p.m. in Cambridge (at 450 Massachusetts Ave) and tickets start at $20.