Five Things You Need to Know Today: August 7
Brookline five things
1. A mostly sunny day, according to the National Weather Service, with a high of 84ºF. The evening will turn into a mostly clear one, with a 67ºF low.
2. Seen something pretty cool around town? Have an image you want to share with the world (or at least Brookline), but a little unsure about where to share it? How about our Pics & Clips gallery? Head onto the gallery and upload your image.
3. As you recall, the Brookline Rotary Club is Collecting Crutches 4 Africa. Well, the drive is still going on, so if you've just given up those crutches, and aren't sure what to do with them, bring them to the Brookline Senior Center today.
4. A favorite at EPOCH Assisted Living at Boylston Place, musician Bill Foley is performaning today. At 3 p.m., the show starts up with the musical stylings of Foley. It's a free show, but you should RSVP to Julie Bolt at 617-879-2589.
5. Feel like samosas tonight? Perhaps a nice curry? Brookline Adult Education is offering a Cooking for Couples class, featuring Indian Cuisine. The course runs $55 and starts at 6 p.m. tonight. Head in, and head out with a bowl of rice pudding.