Five Things You Need to Know Today: August 29
Register to dance, play along with the band, or watch the "Seventh Etching" unfold.
1. Highs and lows, the National Weather Service says, will be between 75ºF and 56ºF. In the skies, a sunny day and a clear night. It'll be a shame to stay in doors.
2. Have some photos you want to share with Brookline? A cute pet for example, or maybe progress on a cool project? Upload them to the Pics & Clips section of our site! You may see them on the front page.
3. Those with dreams of dancing have an opportunity to check out the Jean Paige School of Dance during their Registration sessions. The first starts today, at 3 p.m., until 6 p.m. There will be two more in September, before the start of classes on Sept. 11.
4. Anyone who is musically inclined, but not sure where else to play could join the Brookline Community Band when they play at the Devotion School tonight. Show up around 7 p.m. with your instrument, and play along for tonight, or for longer.
5. The fate of two 17th century couples in Amsterdam are tied to each other, and to a msysterious young girl in Judith White's "The Seventh Etching." The book is at Brookline Booksmith, and the author will be joining at 7 p.m. tonight.