Five Things You Need to Know Today: August 15
A matter of time, balance, sound and nature, all that and more today in Brookline's Five Things.
1. Could be some rain, possibly even some thunderstorms today--about a 50 percent chance, according to the National Weather Service, bumping up to a 70 percent chance in the evening. If it isn't raining, they also believe it will be mostly cloudy all day. High of 84ºF, and a low of 68ºF.
2. Is a handful of magic beans in exchange for your last cow? Find out at Jack and the Beanstalk, as performed by Crabgrass Puppet Theatre. The show, at Puppet Showplace Theatre, will set you back $10, and is running at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
3. Today, we're taking up A Matter of Balance. Springhouse in JP (44 Allandale St) is hosting a program for older adults to help them see falls as controllable, and help make changes to for a safer home. Contact Janice at Ethos for more information, (617) 477-6616.
4. Find out the root causes of some of your time management issues with the course at Brookline High School tonight: Time Management Jump-Start. Starting at 6 p.m., you can learn how to make sturdy, flexible boundaries for your time. Class runs $34.
5. Director of The Five Wisdoms Institute, Irini Rockwell, is talking about "Natural Brilliance: A Buddhist System for Uncovering Your Strengths and Letting Them Shine," for folks interested in shining, becoming strong, and learning a bit more about Buddhism. If you have questions about the book, or about the Five Wisdoms, Brookline Booksmith is the place to be at 7 p.m. tonight.