Five Things You Need to Know Today: April 9
Breezy day that will bring a preview for next month's Open Studios, and a chance to talk about changes to the 66 Bus.
1. National Weather Service predicts a breezy day, winds peaking at 24 miles per hour today. Temperature highs should hit 59ºF, and evening lows should be 41ºF.
2. Yesterday, a Brookline native, and high school grad, passed at age 93. Mike Wallace, best known for his work on 60 Minutes, reportedly passed in his sleep. Share your stories or memories of Wallace on the story we posted yesterday.
3. If you're hoping to run in the Baker School's upcoming Spring Spree, you'll have to Register to Run first! You don't have to be a student to participate. It costs you $15, and it will get you a shirt and a goodie bag. The deadline is coming up at the end of the month--April 29.
4. For folks too excited to wait for the May 5 and 6 Open Studios an stop by the Brookline Open Studios 2012 Preview Show, which is now running at the Brookline Main Library. Running from today until May 1, the show features 30 local artists.
5. The Public Transportation Advisory Committee is meeting tonight to discuss an upcoming Master Plan for improvements to the 66 Bus route. If you're one of its frequent riders, then you may want to head down to the Town Hall to give your input. The meeting starts at 7 p.m., and they estimate they will begin talking about the plan at 8:10 p.m.