Five Things You Need to Know Today: April 27
Five things today feature a few Dulcimers, some Dovekeepers and near and dear artists.
1. Clear and sunny but breezy today, some gusts reaching 38mph, and a mostly clear evening are ahead of us, the National Weather Service says. High of 58ºF, and a cool eveningtime low of 35ºF are also on the docket for the day.
2. If you can't wait for Brookline's Open Studios this year, get a preview while the BK Open Studios Preview Show is still running. From 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. today, head into the Main Library to catch some of the art they're hanging on the walls from the Open Studios participants.
3. If you picked up a copy of "The Dovekeepers" when Alice Hoffman came into the Booksmith, and have been dying to talk it up, then you should check out EPOCH Assisted Living at Boylston Place's Book Club, who are set to discuss the book at 11:15 a.m. today. Just call ahead to let them know you're coming: Julie Bolt at 617-879-2589.
4. For folks who love dulcimer music, the Brookline Music School is playing your jam this weekend. The Muddy River Dulcimer Festival runs tonight and tomorrow. They have a free show tonight at 8 p.m. with Lorraine and Bennett. If you want to learn how to play, then tomorrow from 1 to 5 p.m., they're running a workshop for $20.
5. If you're looking for something to do this weekend, don't forget to peruse the events in yesterday's Get Out column. There happens to be something for everyone--everyone who's into space, puppets, or healthy lifestyles.