Five Things You Need to Know Today: April 26
Dust off your resume while you peruse the pottery in Brookline, and bowl for a cause. Or, check out one of the warrant articles.
1. Increasing clouds throughout the day, heading to 60 to 70 percent chance of showers, mostly between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m., says the National Weather Service. After the showers, a mostly cloudy night. Highs will hit 60ºF, lows will drop to 43ºF.
2. For job hunters, the Career Moves: Spring Into Action series continues. At noon today, their topic will be getting your resume past the 30-second test. If you're going, head to 29 Winter Street in Boston. Cost for pre-registering is $15, or $20 at the door.
3. Feet of Clay Pottery has an upcoming show and sale starting up, but first, come and meet some of the 23 artists whose work will be on display (and for sale) at the Feet of Clay Spring Pottery Show and Sale reception tonight! 6 to 9 p.m. They're also starting a raffle on the weekends .
4. Those interested in the future of certain Brookline Warrant Articles may want to swing by tonight's Planning Board Meeting (7:30 p.m., Brookline Town Hall), when they tackle article 16, which focuses on dimensional requirements for buildings with religious or educational exemptions.
5. Each year, the Vince Wilfork Foundation hosts their very own Vince Wilfork Draft Day Fundraiser. Want to get in on it? It's out in Milford, at Pinz Bowling, 110 S Main Street. The cost is $50 to join in on the fun, and help raise awareness of diabetes.