Five Things You Need to Know Today: April 25
Brookline Five Things: fundraising with food, the keystone of Boston's waterworks, and music at Oasis Cafe.
1. A chance of showers before 11 a.m., about a 20 percent chance, the National Weather Service says. After that, partly sunny by day, with increasing clouds overnight, and a high of 55ºF, a low of 40ºF.
2. Brookline has a unique voice, and everyone in it is a part of that voice. Your part is no exception, and we would love for you to find a voice here. The Patch Blogging platform is here, and if you would like to start a blog--or just ask some more questions about it, feel free to leave a comment here or e-mail Grahame Turner.
3. If you like pizza, but are not a fan of breast cancer, then we may have something of interest to you: Fundraising with Naked Pizza. Naked Pizza's first "Community Ambassador," Allison Pelle, is raising money for the upcoming Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in May. To contribute, and get some pizza for lunch or dinner, order online or on the phone with the code "ALLYAVONWALKS."
4. What do you know of the Wachusett Reservoir? Did you know that it's one of the biggest civil engineering projects in New England? Well, author of "Wachusett" and tonight's Guest Lecturer Eamon Earls will present "Wachusett Reservoir - Keystone Of The Boston Water System" at the Metropolitan Waterworks Museum tonight. Show starts at 7 p.m., and entry is $5.
5. [Update: The Korean Church's Oasis Music Night is returning this Saturday, not tonight as originally posted. See the poster for complete details. 3:24 p.m.]
While local music, cool drinks, and an evening people-watching in Brookline is great on its own, Korean Church of Boston has a price for this all that can't be beaten: nothing. Oasis Cafe Music Night returns this Saturday night, at 7p.m.