Five Things You Need to Know Today: April 20
1. The National Weather Service predicts a warm and sunny day, highs of 73ºF are expected. The evening will have some gathering clouds and a low around 54ºF, with a chance of showers overnight.
2. Aficionados of children's telelvision--so, most likely kids and parents--may know Mr. Steve from PBS Kids Preschool Destination well. If you'd like to get to know him better, and benefit Claudia Adams Barr Program at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, then you ought to hit up the SteveSongs Benefit Concert! This morning, 10:30 a.m. at 295 California Street, in Newton. Tickets are $12.
3. One recommended way to teach kids language is by immersion. Congregation Kehillath Israel is continuing its nine-week-long, $150 Hebrew Play Classes for Young Kids (aged 0 - 3), which start today. They are offering a class on Fridays at 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. There is another class on Wednesdays at the same time.
4. The Man of Your Dreams Is Back. Yes, Tonight's @fter Midnite show at the Coolidge Corner Theatre is "A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge." The shows, which run $9, start at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, and Saturday night!
5. Registered democrats in town can stop by the Fourth Congressional District Caucus tomorrow. Mount Ida College, is the place, and 1 p.m. is the time. For those who don't know the college, that's at 777 Dedham Street in Newton Center.