Five Things You Need to Know: May 26
You could socialize tonight, or catch a book talk about Isabella Stewart Gardner.
- There are two heroes-in-training who are looking to get their powers, but first Ruby Raccoon and Benny Bunny need to prove they're both helpful and fearless. Come and see the Little Super Heros, performed by Talking Hands Theatre at 10:30 a.m. Today. Tickets come from the Puppet Showplace Theatre and cost $10. If you miss the show today, there's another showing tomorrow.
- A bartender may tell you that it's happy hour somewhere, but it's Yappy Hour tonight at Cause to Paws. Stop by with your favorite four-legged friend, and enjoy some refreshments, play-testing some of the toys, and the company of other animal lovers. It's 6 p.m. tonight, free and open to all.
- Brookline Booksmith hosts an event tonight at 6:30 p.m. worth checking out for anyone who's a fan of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. The museum's namesake is the focus of the book "Not at All What One Is Used To: The Life and Times of Isabella Gardner." Author Marian Janssen stops by the 'Smith at 6:30 p.m.
- We'll avoid allusions to an Irish band of the same name, if you check out Oasis Cafe Music Night, at 7:30 p.m. The Cafe holds to the vision of the Education and Community Center that Korean Church of Boston is trying to build. It's a free cafe, which promises refreshments, music and dessert.
- Jazz picks up a French twist when C'est Si Bon Performs at Vernissage, at 8 p.m. Sample their European cuisine while hearing some of the finest Jazz you'll find in a Brookline restaurant tonight. The cover charge is $15, or $12 for students, and it all goes down at Vernissage Restaurant.