Five Things You Need to Know: March 9
Ash Wednesday, book readings and bad news.
- If you missed it, the call for a missing New York man believed to be in Chestnut Hill was called off tragically yesterday when his body was found in East Boston.
- We also reported yesterday that the Coolidge Corner Gym closed its doors earlier this month, though some members are looking to buy the place and re-open. Meanwhile, another nearby gym is already trying to lure customers away.
- Today is Ash Wednesday and services are being held across town. Here’s the info for St. Paul's Episcopal Church and EPOCH Senior Living.
- The Genres are waging war in BookWorld and only Thursday (the written one, not the real one) can broker peace. If that makes any sense to you, come to the Coolidge Corner Theatre tonight to catch best-selling author Jasper Fforde read from his new book, “One of Our Thursdays is Missing.”
- Got any tips on throwing a party for young children? How about a good source for costumes? The discussion continues at Brookline Moms Talk.