Five Things You Need to Know: March 21
Very hungry caterpillar reading, Science on the Screen, and learning to play the Shofar
- Today is the last day to sign up for Pierce School's Extended Day Enrichment program. Only a handful of classes are still available for Kindergarten through 6th grade students. Classes start in a week's time.
- To celebrate the 40th anniversary of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar," the classic kids' book by Eric Carle, kids are invited to a reading at Magic Beans. Story time with Sheri starts at 11 a.m.
- Pre-sale tickets are gone, but there are still 70 seats available for Coolidge Corner Theatre's Science on Screen series. The film is Transcendent Man, the speaker Ray Kurzweil is sticking around for a Q&A after the film with director Barry Ptolemy. Tickets go on sale at 12:30, show starts tonight at 7 p.m.
- The Ohabei U series continues with tonight's 7 p.m. offering "Learn the Call of the Shofar." Learn how to play the correct notes to ring in the Jewish New Year. It's a free event, so you need only bring your Shofar.
- Boston Globe writer Hallie Ephron is launching her new book, "Come and Find Me" tonight at the Booksmith. A talk, book signings and refreshments at 7:00 p.m.