Five Things You Need to Know: June 13
Catch a fundraiser dinner, a carnivale, or perhaps you want more information on how State funds are spent.
- Provided it isn't rained out (there is an estimated 30% chance of rain today), don't miss the Spring Carnivale which kicks off today at 3 p.m. and runs until 8 p.m. at Devotion School. The returning favorites include a cake walk, a moon bounce, and a mohawk station. There will also be a 3-on-3 basketball hoopla, for which teams will have to pay $5 per player, and to sign up players for the Hoopla, please email email@example.com.
- The VFW Mount Auburn post is hosting a Pasta Dinner fundraiser, at its 688 Huron Ave location in Cambridge. The dinner benefits their scholarship fund and begins at 6 p.m. The cost is $10 per plate, with kids under five eating for free. You can expect a dinner of homemade fusilli, chicken cutlet, salad, bread, and a homemade dessert.
- The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum hosts its 2011 Boston Dinner at InterContinental Boston Hotel. The reception starts at 6:30 p.m., and the evening's program and dinner begin at 7:30 p.m with speaker Ted Koppel. The dinner will set you back $500, but it is being held in conjunction with the Deadly Medicine exhibit now on display in the Harvard Medical School.
- Are you familiar with the Act to Invest in Our Communities (SB1416/HB2553)? Tonight, at the forum entitled State Revenue Lost and Found: A Forum on Solving the Fiscal Crisis, featuring Noah Berger, President, Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center; Peter Enrich, Professor, Northeastern University School of Law; and Representative Jay Kaufman, 15 Middlesex, House Chair, Joint Committee on Revenue. You can expect to learn more about how the $1 billion raised will stop budget cuts around the state. Program kicks off at 7:30 p.m. at the Brookline Town Hall
- If you've ever wondered what the Brookline Education Foundation is all about, you can catch their next Board Meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. They are a foundation focused on supporting the public schools and meet monthly on the second Monday of the month. Tonight's meeting will be at the Devotion School.