Updated: Five Things You Need to Know: June 1
Update: Driscoll fair postponed until tomorrow. Some school events kick off today, including a book fair and a fair with rides and games.
- Last night, Brookline's Spring Annual Town Meeting concluded, voting on all of the outstanding warrant articles. Check back today for results and coverage of the meeting.
- Pierce School Book Fair begins today, and continues until tomorrow. Stop by Pierce School auditorium from 7:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. to browse their selection of books for avid readers of all ages. Proceeds go to benefit the Pierce School PTO.
- Faculty of Brookline Music School Perform again today, at the Brookline Senior Center. Beginning at 1 p.m. today, Emilian Badea performs on the accordion. It's a free show that all are welcome to attend. Call ahead with any questions: 617-730-2777.
- Wondering when you could next catch a ride on the teacups, but don't feel like going too far? Don't miss the Driscoll Spring Fair! Which starts up at 4 p.m. today. Each ticket costs $1, and all rides are between 1 and 3 tickets. Head to the Driscoll School for all of the action.
- Tonight at 7pm, the Brookline Booksmith hosts Mitchell Zuckoff as he tells the story of three airmen "Lost in Shangri-La" in May of 1945. These airmen discovered a stone age tribe which have never seen white men, and were trapped between the hostile Japanese and headhunters. Zuckoff, a Journalism professor at Boston University, has slides and more information about his bestselling book.