Five Things You Need to Know: July 5
A great day to spend outside, where it promises to be a warm, clear and calm day in Brookline, at least from a weather standpoint.
- The National Weather Service predicts a warm and clear day, highs of 86ºF. This means it's a great day to check out one of Brookline's many parks, or take a stroll through town. In the evening, should cool down to about 64ºF, but remain largely clear and calm.
- Looking to get some extra music, arts or dance practice this summer? Register for the Summer Classes in music, art and dance at the Brookline Music School today. There are a slew of classes you can register for, ranging in price from $100 to $500. See the full course catalog on the Music School announcement.
- If you're trying to get ready for a long bike ride, or just want to cruise out in the warm weather, you can stop by Jamaica Plain's Ferris Wheels Bike Shop, for their Paceline/Road Training Ride. Starting at 7 p.m., a group of bikers will depart the shop, and go on a four-mile loop. Should you miss today's ride, there will be another on Thursday as well.
- Come and listen to Musical Tales from around the World with Scott Kepnes as the troubadour stops into the Jamaica Plain Public Library at 12 Sedgwick St. Kepnes will mix up his audience's tastes with hip-hop, sing-along and dance-along sessions for his audience of kids age 12 months to 5 years. It's a free event, so show up for the guitar and harmonica act.
- Folks trying to shape up for the beach this summer could score a free introductory lesson at the Ring Boxing Club in Allston today. There are free sessions at 5:30 p.m. and at 7 p.m., and afterwards you get a free week's membership. You do need to sign up ahead, and classes may fill up quickly. If you can't get in, however, there are other cool things to do in the area.