Five Things You Need to Know: Feb. 11
A high school musical, special Friday dancing and political discussions.
- “Bat Boy the Musical” opens at Brookline High School tonight. Described as “part musical comedy and part horror show” with a rock ‘n’ roll soundtrack, the musical also touches on themes of racism, revenge, hypocrisy and forgiveness.
- The Brookline League of Women Voters will hold its monthly “Coffee and Conversation” at Panera Bread today to discuss the latest current events and issues.
- This week’s Dance Friday will feature a special Valentine’s selection of music, including a live performance of original songs by Ladies in Chain Mail, whose music features vocals, auto harp and flute. Two DJs will finish out the night.
- Brookline High’s yearbook staff is still selling advertising for this year’s publication, but only until March 6. Get yours today.
- In case you missed it, we reported yesterday that the town’s much-heralded “Brookline Card” doesn’t seem to be gaining much traction, with sales falling behind expectations. Since we posted the story, readers have continued to question the wisdom of the program and offered suggestions of their own. Join the discussion.