Five Things, March 20: Matthew Goodman at Brookline Booksmith
Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a mostly sunny day with a high near 41 with a steady breeze. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 26.
2. Puppet Playtime: Puppet Playtime is a fun, interactive performance experience designed for very young children (0-3). In each hour-long session, two friendly performers guide children (and their grownups) through free play, sing-a-longs, stories, and imagination games at 10:30 a.m..
3. Animal World Experience to visit EPOCH: Animal World Experience will visit EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill on Wednesday, March 20 at 2 p.m. You’ll get to see and interact with rescued and adopted animals that are sure to tug at your heart strings at 2 p.m..
4. Matthew Goodman - Eighty Days: Near the end of the Victorian era, Nellie Bly and Elizabeth Bisland both embarked on a Jules Verne-esque journey around the world, each determined to accomplish their goal in less than eighty days. In this thrilling account of two women who took the world by storm, Goodman presents a world with unexplored frontiers and people who were willing to pursue adventure in its truest sense at 7 p.m. at the Brookline Booksmith.
5. DANE Kids Hip Hop: Have a child that is interested in dance? Bring them to DANE, where they can engage in a high energy, choreography focused hip-hop class! In class, they will learn basic steps and fundamental techniques that will culminate in a fun, challenging dance performance 3:15 p.m..