Five Things, March 1: "Leopard Learns a Lesson"
Here are five things going on in town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a chance of snow before noon, then scattered rain shows with a high near 40. This will continue into the evening with a low near 31.
2. SoleMates Walking Group: The Solemates, the Senior Center’s walking group, meets regularly on Friday mornings at 10:00 am. For more information, call Julie at 617‐730‐2760.
3. Between A Rock and A Hard Place: Daily Dilemmas of Social Service and Mental Health Practitioners: Frontline mental health workers deal with the most challenging cases, often in overloaded systems, with increased caseloads, endless paperwork, and budget cuts. What does it take to work successfully with these patients in the face of decreased resources?
4. Diane Dexter to perform at EPOCH: EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill will welcome local singer and pianist Diane Dexter on Friday, March 1 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Fans of Broadway and jazz are sure to enjoy this talented musician’s performance as she performs standards from the 1930s through the 1970s.
5. Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Leopard Learns a Lesson" by Magpie Puppets: This story is adapted from an African tale from Malawi. Leopard is always bullying and frightening smaller animals until Rabbit turns the tables on her with the help of the jungle’s two largest beasts, Elephant and Rhinoceros.