Five Things: February 20, Manil Suri - The City of Dev
Here are five things going on in town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a cloudy day with a high near 37 with a breeze. The evening will be partly cloudy with a low near 22.
2. Vacation Week Open House: On Wednesday, February 20th, from 12-3, the Metropolitan Waterworks Museum is hosting a Vacation Week Open House for kids of all ages.
3. Yoga for Adults at Brookline Music School: There are plenty of yoga programs at the Brookline Music School.
4. Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "The Reluctant Dragon" by All Hands Productions: Princess Penepole loves to read about dragons. Imagine her surprise when she actually meets and befriends one! Upon discovering the potential threat of a dragon in the palace, King Rhubarb charges Sir Reginald to fight the dragon.
5. Manil Suri - The City of Devi: PEN/Faulkner Award finalist Manil Suri presents his most daring novel yet. Against the backdrop of a Mumbai nearing nuclear annihilation, Sarita’s husband, Karun, disappears—and a mysterious stranger, Jaz, appears to help her find him. Their journey across the abandoned city leads them to a beach where the goddess Devi ma materializes in order to save the city from destruction at the Brookline Booksmith.