Brookline Police Log: A Pot Bust, Stolen Gadgets
The following information was supplied by Brookline Police Dept. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Oct. 17 through 18. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Larceny incident reported at about 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday from 920 Commonwealth Avenue. A man using a gym said he left his phone briefly unattended on a bench in the men's locker room, and that it was taken. He believed he saw someone put the phone in their bag, and believes he knows who the man was, but couldn't get in touch with that man.
- Breaking-and-entering incident reported at 126 Amory Street, Wednesday at about 6:30 p.m. A caller reported seeing someone, described as a white woman with dark hair and a black pullover crawling into a basement window.
- Some time between 1 p.m. Wednesday and 11 a.m. on Thursday, a Heath Street woman reported that her wallet was missing from her apartment--although there was no sign of forced entry, and nothing else was missing.
- A shopkeeper in Coolidge Corner reported that he had left his laptop on the checkout counter, unoccupied for about two minutes, then returned to find it missing before 8:15 p.m. on Thursday.
- Bike crash reported at 9:30 commonwealth Avenue at about 1 p.m. on Wednesday. Police assisted with the crash.
- People were reportedly injured in a crash just before 1 a.m. on Hammond Pond Parkway at Heath Street on Wednesday.
- Following a reported bike crash at the Corey Road/Beacon Street intersection on Thursday morning, about 8 a.m., transport to hospital was refused.
- A pedestrian was reportedly hit outside of 1309 Beacon Street on Thuersday evening, at about 5:15 p.m.
- Two turkey replaints were called in from 25 Kennard Road on Wednesday, one at around 7:45 a.m. and one at 8:30 a.m. Police reported nothing showing in either case.
- Police responded to a fight in progress reported at about 4 p.m. at 1583 Beacon. Reports indicate that police were looking for a subject described as an asian woman aged 26, wearing a yellow hoodie that may have had the word "Cape Cod" on the hood. She may have been holding a piece of rope or wire.
- Police investigated a domestic assault-and-battery incident at a Village Way home at about 8:15 a.m. on Thursday.
- 1 p.m. Thursday, graffiti complaint logged at Andem Place near the Washington Street end.
- A campus security officer contacted police reporting a bag of marijuana in the possession of a student on Fisher Avenue. At about 3:45 p.m., police issued the male student a bylaw citation.
- During a 5-hour sting operation at 185 Freeman Street on Thursday evening, police say packages containing bags of pot were sent to fictional names but picked up by real people. When executing a search warrant, they found between 10 and 15 pounds of marijuana and about $117,000 in cash in the apartment. Police arrested three men and charged them with possession with intent to distribute.
|For up-to-the-minute updates about Brookline, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or sign up for the Patch Newsletter.|