Brookline Police Log: Unloading Interrupted and an Antique Heist
The following information was supplied by Brookline Police Dept. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Oct. 22 through 23. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Police received a report of a larceny incident at 7 Naples Road, on Monday at about 1 p.m.
- 161 Wallis Road, report of an identity theft incident at about 5:15 p.m. Monday.
- A man parked his car on Green Street, and reportedly left it unlocked while he was making trips to unload the vehicle into his building. After making one of these trips at about 8:15 a.m., he noticed some things were missing from the vehicle and reported it to police.
- Police took a report of shoplifting from 155 Stop and Shop, as they were unable to find a man fitting the description of the suspect. At about 1:45 p.m., a man described as a white man in his 40s with short grey hair, wearing jeans, a blue or white untucked dress shirt and carrying a dark backpack. Witnesses say he fled on foot toward Brookline Village, and police intend to locate and charge him with shoplifting.
- Antiques were taken from a Circuit Road home some time between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesday. The residents reported that their front door was unlocked during that time.
- Monday, 5:30 p.m., police assisted with a reported hit-and-run crash at 163 Coolidge Street.
- A police officer saw a blue VW Jetta crash into the sidewalk at Harvard and Fuller STreets early Tuesday morning. The driver was not harmed, but she appeared to be slurring her words and looked unsteady on her feet. The vehicle also had a revoked registration status, according to police. The driver was arrested and charged with operating under the influence of alcohol, operating to endanger, a marked lanes violation, not having her license, not having her license and driving an uninsured and unregistered vehicle.
- Report of a pedestrian hit in a traffic incident at the Boylston Street/Cypress Street intersection at about 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Pedestrian hit, and hospital transport required in a Station Street/Washington Street traffic incident about 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Hit-and-run crash reported at about 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday at the intersection of Parkway Road and Brookline Avenue.
- Police received a coyoty complaint before 11 p.m. on Monday, from 22 Beverly Road.
- 143 Gardner Road reported a turkey complaint at about 7:15 a.m. on Tuesday.
|For up-to-the-minute updates about Brookline, follow us on Facebook or Twitter , or sign up for the Patch Newsletter.|