Brookline Police Log: Dine-and-Dash and Incomplete Contracting
The following information was supplied by Brookline Police Dept. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Oct. 14 through 15. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Police received a report of a larceny incident at about 7:45 a.m. on Monday, from 52 Gerry Road.
- Monday, about 8:45 a.m., police received a report of an attempted breaking-and-entering at 16 Addington Road.
- 56 Harvard Street, before 10 a.m., larceny incident reported.
- Identity theft reported at about 11:15 a.m. on Francis Street, which police investigated.
- Williston Road and Salisbury Road, just before noon, on Monday, incident of larceny reported.
- At about 12:30 p.m. larceny incident reported at 1797 Beacon Street on Monday.
- A police officer learned from a Beacon Street resident that a contractor did not complete the work he was contracted to do, and did not return the money paid, reportedly between the end of August and Oct. 15. Police will charge the contractor with failing to perform a project contract, and failing to credit the owner with payment under the Regulation of Home Improvement Contractors.
- 38 Lawton Street, a report taken of a theft before 7 p.m. on Monday. The victim said a package was taken from her mailbox.
- 115 Greenough Street, 12:45 p.m. report of a larceny incident.
- Police received a report of disorderly conduct at a Commonwealth Avenue restaurant after a woman left without paying. Police arrested and charged her with disorderly conduct and defrauding an inkeeper for the unpaid bill at about 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
- A hit-and-run crash was reported at 163 Coolidge Street, at about 6:15 p.m. on Monday.
- Bike crash reported at about 1 p.m. on Tuesday, at the intersection of Tully Street and Heath Street.
- A grey Honda was reportedly involved in a pedestrian crash at the intersection of Beacon Street and Dean Road, at about 3:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Monday at about 1:45 p.m., police took a report of an assault-and-battery incident at 305 Washington Street.
|For up-to-the-minute updates about Brookline, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or sign up for the Patch Newsletter.|