Brookline Police Log: April 27 - 29
The following information was supplied by Brookline Police Dept. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for April 27 through 29. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- The owner of a vehicle parked at the Boylston Street/Philbrick Road intersection at about 3:30 p.m. on Friday, reported to police that someone had smashed the front passenger-side window of her car and had taken her GPS.
- At about 5:15 p.m. Friday, a caller reported that she had parked on Allerton Street, near Pond Avenue earlier in the day. When she returned, she found the passenger-side window smashed and a GPS taken out of the car.
- Attempted breaking-and-entering reported at 46 Carlton Street, Saturday morning at about 11:15 a.m.
- Healthworks, on Commonwealth Avenue reported a larceny incident at about 12:15 p.m. Saturday.
- Saturday, 12:15 p.m., larceny reported at 143 Fuller Street.
- Police responded to a call reporting a shoplifting at 155 Harvard Street, on Saturday at about 7 p.m.
- Larceny reported at 356 Clyde Street, about 8 p.m. Saturday.
- A caller reported to police that, about 12:45 p.m., two pedestrians walking near the Beacon Street intersection with Harvard Street had walked into each other, one of whom the caller helped up again. Police were unable to find the site of the crash.
- An officer saw a green Chevy four-door parked outside of a home on Englewood Avenue, parallel parked with the driver slumped over in the driver's seat at around 3 a.m. on Sunday. The officer turned around and noticed that the driver didn't stir, then pulled over and approached the driver. The officer reports that the engine was running and there was some scraped paint on the front fender of the vehicle. After repeated knocks on the window, the driver awoke and spoke to the officer. The policeman determined that he was under the influence of alcohol, and arrested and charged him with operating under the influence, and operating without a license.
- Police investigated a report of assault-and-battery at 22 High Street, about 8:15 p.m. Saturday.
- A loud party on Euston Street was issued a bylaw citation, at about 11:45 p.m. Saturday evening.