Brookline Police Log: A Fistfight and a Slap to the Face
The following information was supplied by Brookline Police Dept. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Aug. 24 through 26. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Some time around 1 a.m. Friday, a Beacon Street man reported that a stroller was taken from the tarp from a secluded parking lot behind his home, which is accessable from Lancaster Terrace.
- Bike reported stolen from 91 Marion Street on Friday, at about 8:30 a.m.
- Police responded to an attempted breaking-and-entering on Greenway Crescent, at about 10 p.m. Friday.
- At about 11 p.m. on Friday, a caller reported a bike stolen from 738 Commonwealth Avenue.
- A Beacon Street cyclist reported that, some time between 10 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. on Saturday, her bike was taken from the bike rack behind the building.
- About 4 p.m. on Saturday, a Perry Street man reported that his truck had been stolen, and his wallet was in the vehicle at the time. A cash withdrawal was made in his bank statement. The owner has since canceled his card and reported no pending transactions.
- Larceny reported at 110 Cypress Street, about 5 p.m. Sunday evening.
- Bike reported stolen from Harvard Street and Shailer Street at around 10:30 p.m. Sunday, which police are investigating. The bikes were stolen from the basement garage of the building, where they were unlocked at the rack and the garage door was open.
- At about 8 p.m. Saturday night, a driver heading down Hammond Street towards Woodland Road was reportedly cut off by another vehicle. When the driver honked, the man from the other car pulled over, got out of his car, and kicked the passenger's side of the car, denting the rear panel.
- Hit-and-run crash reported at Boylston Street and Hammond Street, about 8:30 p.m. Saturday night.
- About 1 a.m. on Sunday, hospital transport was required following a bike crash on Beacon Street near the intersection with St. Paul Street. The vehicle fled up St. Paul Street toward Commonwealth Avenue, and police logs say it may have been a taxi cab.
- Bat call reported on Greenough Street Friday, at about 8:15 p.m. There was another report of a bat on Saturday, at about midnight on Greenhill Road. If you find a bat in your home, contact Brookline animal control.
- Police investigated two reports of indecent assault at 300 South Street on Friday morning which were reported at about 11:15 a.m.
- Friday, about 8 p.m., police received a report of a past assault-and-battery incident on Babcock Street.
- Two men were reportedly fighting at the Beacon Street/Harvard Street intersection. After a verbal disagreement between them, one of the two men bumped the other with his body twice, then punched the victim in the face--this man will be summonsed for assault-and-battery.
- 2:30 a.m. Sunday, a woman reported that she was walking through an alley when a man attempted to grab her. When she pulled away from the man, he slapped her in the face with an open palm. The woman was unharmed, and described the suspect as a Middle Eastern man in his twenties to thirties of average build, between 5'5" to 5'11" with curly black hair about neck length and gelled back, wearing a white or light colored button up shirt.