Brookline Arrest Log: Aug. 20 - 23
The following information was supplied by Brookline Police Dept. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following arrest report is based on Brookline Police Department reports for Aug. 20 through 22. Look for weekday incident reports each Saturday, weekend reports each Monday, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Tuesday, Aug. 21
- Shoplifting – Breanna Farrell, 22, of Dorchester. At about 12:45 p.m., police arrested a woman and charged her with shoplifting, after Stop and Shop staff say the woman attempted to leave the store without paying for items. She allegedly used the self-checkout counter and paid for only some of the items.
- Shoplifting – 47-year-old Roslindale man, Joseph Cosby. A manager at the Stop and Shop on Harvard Street reported seeing a man placing items in his backpack. The manager confronted the man and got many of the items back. Police arrested and charged the man with the backpack with shoplifting at about 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 22
- Protective custody – A 19-year-old Egmont Street man was brought into protective custody after an officer pulled over a driver who was reportedly speeding on Boylston Street. While officers were talking to the driver, the man in the back seat was interrupting the conversation, and then poured water onto the officer's shoes. He was brought into protective custody at about 12:15 a.m.
- Operating under the influence of alcohol – Nicholas Dibenedetto, 21, of Auburn. Police say they saw a vehicle driving on Longwood Avenue near St. Paul Street, at about 1:40 a.m. Thursday morning, which crossed the double-yellow line. After pulling the vehicle over, the driver reported the smell of an alcoholic beverage emanating from the car, and that the driver had bloodshot eyes. The driver was placed under arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Shoplifting – Newton man, 34-year-old Igor Nosenko. A man was arrested at TJ Maxx on Harvard Street, just before noon Thursday, after a loss prevention employee reported that he saw the man take several sweaters and put them in a bag. The man was arrested and charged with shoplifting.
- Breaking-and-entering at night with intent of committing a felony – 19-year-old Luigi Fajarda of Cypres Street, and 18-year-old JanCarlos Aquasvivas of Roxbury. Two men reportedly broke into a Walnut Street home some time between 1:30 a.m. and 2 a.m. The back door was reportedly kicked in, and the resident reported that she recognized the two men. Police were able to get addresses and phone numbers for both men, for whom they sought warrants. Both men were arrested and charged with breaking and entering at night with the intent to commit a felony.