Brookline 2012 Election Guide
The candidates, incumbents and issues that will be affecting Brookline, the district, and the state.
November may seem far away, but we at Brookline Patch want to be sure you have the information you need about the various races in town. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near.
Bookmark this page, as we'll be updating it often.
- One of two Brookline residents looking to replace Barney, Elizabeth Childs Got her name on the Ballot
- The other Brookline name on the ballot, Joseph Kennedy III get his name on the at the beginning of June. He moved to Greenough Street and registered to vote in February.
- Harry Margolis, also from Brookline, is running for Governor's Council, against Charlie Shapiro and Tom Sheff, both of whom blog on Patch.
- Elizabeth Warren is running against incumbent Scott Brown. Warren recently visited Brookline to talk more about the story of the Consumer Protection Bureau. She picked up a nomination from Brookline's Alan Khazei, who had initially run for the same seat.
- The big race in November will be for the presidency, and Republican candidate Mitt Romney took Brookline (and Mass.) in the primary back in May, and at the end of the month, he was here to Raise funds in Chestnut Hill. He has also tapped a Brookline Resident to Lead his VP Search.
- Earlier this year, President Barack Obama announced support for gay marriage.
There are also three, possibly four, initiatives on the ballot for November as well.