2012 Town Meeting Results - Day One
The first nine Warrant Articles at Town Meeting discussed by the Town Meeting Members. Town Meeting continues on Thursday night.
Town Meeting covered the first nine of 30 warrant articles, including the fiscal 2013 budget article. The Budget includes a $15,000 appropriation by the Library Trustees to remain open in the summer, an increase of $8,000 from the plan originally voted by the selectmen.
- Measurers of Wood and Bark, to be appointed by Selectmen: Favorable Action - Unanimously carried.
- Collective Bargaining Contracts: Favorable Action - The Firefighters Union Contract carried by majority vote. Police Union unanimously carried.
- Compensating Balance Agreements: Favorable Action - Unanimously carried.
- Special Appropriations in Town Budget: Favorable Action - Unanimously carried.
- Unpaid Bills from Previous Year: No Action - Unanimously carried, because there are none.
- Property Tax Exemptions: Favorable Action - Unanimously carried.
- Adjustments to 2012 Fiscal Year Budget: Favorable Action – Carried by majority vote. Adjustments to the Pierce School Auditorium project. The architect has redesigned the project at no cost to the town.
- Fisal Year 2013 Town Budget: Favorable Action - Carries unanimously. Including the $15,000 appropriation for Brookline Library Summer Hours.
- Open Meeting Hearings: Referred to Moderator's Committee – Carried by majority vote.
Annual Town Meeting continues Thursday Night at 7 p.m., also at the Brookline High School Auditorium, where many of the remaining warrant articles will be discussed and voted.
[Update: The Town Meeting Results PDF from the Brookline Town Website is available for viewing on the right. 12:18p.m.]